For this project we first took a white crayon and wrote the word Allah in the white crayon and then painted over it. It was supposed to not show up on the white part but it did. Then i thought to do contact paper. So, i wrote Allah in Arabic on the back of the contact paper and cut it out only to realize it was backwards (so don't do that if you do this). Third try finally worked. I really like the way it turned out. I asked him to stick to one color for this project. I'll mat it with construction paper and hang it in his playroom. Pictures stink because i didn't take them until tonight. We had a little emergency room visit today. Boys are scary creatures. Mine should stop running backwards immediately. Anyway, here's how ours turned out.
I realize my Arabic stinks but after the third attempt of cutting it out of contact paper, we were both losing steam so i let it be.
I'm going to do a flickr group for this blog so you guys can post your projects if you do any of these. I'd love to see what you make with your little ones (and bigger ones too).